UV Printer March 6, 2017
Advantages of UV-LED Technology
1. LED lamps last 20,000+ hours vs. 2,000 hours for mercury lamps
2. No downtime to change lamps or consumable lamp costs
3. Instant on/off and no degradation of intensity with toggling
4. Contains no mercury, obviating need for disposal/recycling
5. LEDs do not produce ozone gas with use while conventional mercury lamps do
With the advent of UV printers, you won’t need solvent printers ever again
1. Compatible with a wide range of media… droplets of UV ink are cured by UV lights quickly after they land on the surface of the media, leaving almost no time for the droplets to react or be absorbed by the media. This virtually eliminates any ink and media compatibility issue, making the UV ink compatible with a wide variety of coated and uncoated media.
2. UV ink absolutely never dries in the print head! UV ink does not contain solvent that must evaporate during the curing phase. UV ink is liquid ink and does not evaporate, instead, it quickly becomes a solid ink within 0.02 seconds after it receives exposure to strong UV-light.
3. When printing with UV printer’s no material is evaporated or removed, which means about 100% of the delivered volume of UV ink that is printed is used to provide coloration. This can guarantee UV inks to produce very vibrant image at high resolution.
1. UV inks are more resistant to scratches, wear and tear, and sun exposure than its traditional printing counterparts.
2. The scratch resistance of UV ink is much better than eco solvent ink.